FHL- Forum Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FHL- Forum Hockey League

Be a Player or Goalie in this Sim League!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE HAVE MOVED TO www.thefhl.createaforum.com

Jensen's Writing Tasks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jensen

Jensen

Jensen's Writing Tasks Empty
PostSubject: Jensen's Writing Tasks   Jensen's Writing Tasks EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Autobiography

Was I a troubled kid?

Yeah, you can say that. Running around my house in a Mike Bossy jersey screaming gibberish words I didn't even understand... yeah I understand why some people may find that "weird".

I started skating at an outdoor rink a few blocks down from my house. I must of enjoyed it, because everyday after that I begged my family to take me to the rink. My dad must of had this crazy idea I was good, because the when I was 7, he signed me up for "AAA" Tryouts.

I was a man among boys. I was praised by teammates and parents, and I grew a bit of a big head. My team won the province championship, it was the first time the Sault Ste. Marie team won a provincial title.

Jensen's Writing Tasks 2lm16qg
My team and I (circled in black) enjoying our cup. It was a pretty big deal, we went around town showing it off. It felt like the freaking Stanley Cup.

My dad got carried away (I think anyways.) and sent me away to Ottawa, where I attended Peak Center Academy, a school for grade 4-8s for "elite athletics in Ontario". I played "AAA" for the Cumberland Grads, and my dad even went far enough to buy me a personal trainer.

I lived in Ottawa for 4 years of my life. Much of that time was spend sweating, running, skating, puffing, but it did teach me a lot. I hate to tell my dad this, but if I didn't go through that demanding training, I wouldn't be where I am today. I became disciplined and got in the best shape of my life.

Jensen's Writing Tasks 16gwk0x
Me waiting for my friend Alex to finish pumping the iron. Take your time!

I went back to my hometown in Sault Ste. Marie. I still trained hard, but my grades at school were slipping, quickly. My parents were upset, but I wasn't focused on school. I simply didn't care about school.

My parents weren't too happy about my choice to drop out in Grade 12. But I knew what I wanted to do, I couldn't let them help me. I wanted to join the FHL. As a 19 year old, I got accepted and joined the league. My parents again, were upset, but still supported me.

Jensen's Writing Tasks F03qsx
My gamepuck from my first FHL goal (in my first game)

Come to think of it, I have no idea where I would be without hockey. I have no other real talents. I was a bad student, ill mannered... if it wasn't for the Vancouver Totems taking a chance on me, and a world class agent named Icy helping me out when I was nobody... where would I be without them?

I have no idea whats coming down the road, all I know is when I get there, I'll be the best. My mission is to be the best. In what? No idea. I'm 19 years old, there is a sea of choices I have to make coming soon. My grandma never let me be lying to myself, my parents always taught me to believe, even if it seems so out of reach. What would of happened if the soldiers in World War II fighting the Nazis just fell over and quit? What would of happened if Steve Jobs shrugged and said, "I give up."? What if I deiced I didn't like working so hard, and left? I'm certainly not testing that out.
I am Eric Jensen. And this is just me.

624 words 3161 characters
Back to top Go down
SpinGirl84
Admin
SpinGirl84

Jensen's Writing Tasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jensen's Writing Tasks   Jensen's Writing Tasks EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Nice work Smile
Back to top Go down

Jensen's Writing Tasks
Page 1 of 1